To build an evolving pathway of Football related opportunities that inspires and supports players, coaches, academics and professionals to do something they love in the sport that they love.
CORE AIMS (THE MISSION SUPPORTING THE VISION)
- We develop the PERSON through our coaching philosophy and core values
- We develop the PLAYER through our innovative curriculums and exclusive experiences
- We develop the COACH through our pyramid of opportunities and in-house CPD
- We develop the ACADEMIC through our partner college and university BTEC, NVQ and degree courses
- We develop the PROFESSIONAL through our industry network and destinations pathway
The SSA Values
At the heart of everything we do, the SSA values should be consistently demonstrated by players and coaches.
In order to make our values ‘football specific’ each is supported by an SSA definition and that is how you define a Soccer Scholar Academy player, coach, session or team!
- Courage: ‘The ability to take risks and face potential failure’
- Creativity: ‘The ability to do something unexpected on the pitch’
- Inclusivity: ‘To treat everyone as the same and work together as a team’
- Respect: ‘To always try and be positive and caring towards others’
- Resilience: ‘The ability to keep going when things get tough’
What Makes Us Unique
Creating a Legacy
Working in partnership with Portsmouth College, we offer young people a chance to start their coaching journey. Our ‘train the trainer courses’ have helped us to create paid coaching positions to our aspiring coaches who are supported through online resources and CPD, ensuring the programme and staff consistently evolve.
Using state of the art performance analysis equipment and industry experts from a range of different fields within football, we have created a high performance environment for our young players. We also have extensive Premier League club and EFL academy links.
All SSA training takes place on purpose built, all weather synthetic grass. Based at Goals Portsmouth & University of Portsmouth (Langstone Campus) are sessions guarantee that our sessions stay on; resulting in more game time, more touches of the ball and more fun.
Meet The Team